Harry Chapin

Thursday, April 28, 2011

She sings songs without words

I struggle not to make this a gushing worship of Harry, but rereading my stuff, that exactly what it sounds like. I mean this whole blog is about Harry Chapin, why would I make a blog if I didn't have some sort of worship towards him?

I just started his biography, Taxi the Harry Chapin Story, written my Peter Coan. I've read terrible reviews about it, but only because the author had a falling out with Sandy Chapin, Harry's widow. He was also unable to get permission for the use of the lyrics from the Chapin estate. (he still used the lyrics however). I also read that there was a lot of grammatical mistakes...I found three in the first chapter. I guess the book was rushed to publication after Harry died. For a book that was seven years in the making, it should have just taken its sweet time to work out all the legal issues and grammatical mistakes. That all being said, I have yet to finish it. It's a thick book and with the end of school, finals, and my MRI boards coming up it will be slow going with the book. I'll post my review when I'm finished with it. If any one wants to read it with me it can be bought on amazon for a fair price. Click the link on Peter Coan's name to get to the site. 

I haven't listen to Harry in a few days. I like to give myself a break so I don't get burned out. That being said, there's still a few songs that I haven't given my full attention too.

No comments:

Post a Comment