Harry Chapin

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My first time

Of course the first song I heard about Harry Chapin was Cats in the Cradle. I don't remember if it was on the radio or though the many "jam" sessions I had with my father. I do know that it was through these jam sessions that I was introduced to the other works of Harry Chapin.

I recommed starting of your Harry experience with Greatest Stories Live. This album is completely live and has a great selection of some of the better Harry Chapin songs. Yes, Cat's and the Cradle is featured on this album. What makes this song so great on this particular album is that it is a live version. I hesitate to listen to Harry recorded and you'll understand why once you listen to enough of him.

Give Greatest Stories Live a chance, and then we'll move on to some more Harry experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment